If not, you should! I did, and today is the first day. Today is the first day of Apartment Therapy’s new approach to the Home Cure. Day 1’s task – Clean One Room. As my apartment is just one big room – yay for living in an efficiency – I will at least be tackling the floor of this whole space. Here are my cleaning supplies…
…for the floor
Swiffer and amazing Hand-held Vacuum
…for the furniture (thanks to Lola)
Hand-held Vacuum and Lint Roller
Swiffer Duster and Bleach Wipes
With my supplies in hand I was ready to tackle my apartment.
Seventeen minutes and thirty-five seconds later I had:
- Swiffered the floor of my general living space and kitchen
- Dusted every surface in my general living space
- Used bleach wipes on end tables and desk
- Vacuumed and lint-rolled furniture
- Vacuumed my area rug
Not a bad start! While I am typically a bit of a neat freak, I do think that I will begin to clean every Sunday evening for 20 minutes. I think that a clean start to the week – literally – would be great!
In general, I have set some ‘rules’ for myself in regards to making sure I keep my home beautiful.
- I don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink before I go to sleep
- I ‘make my bed’ every morning. By this I mean I at least pull up the comforter to cover the bed. You would be surprised what a difference it makes.
- When tidying, I make sure that if I touch an item it moves to its ‘area’ if not all the way put away.
- Dirty clothes never touch the floor – they go directly to the hamper
You would be surprised what a difference this has made in my apartment.
Do you have any of your own cleaning rituals?
Posted in Home Cure 20/20, Housekeeping, Living Room, Organization
Tagged 400 Square Feet (sq ft), Apartment, Apartment Therapy, Cleaning, Efficiency, Home, Home Cure 20/20, Housekeeping, Organization, Small Space, Studio